Re: Character mode for comint?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Character mode for comint?
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 01:35:33 +0900

Antoine Levitt writes:

 > Because then you don't benefit from the emacs interaction features of
 > the various python modes, like sending the current
 > buffer/region/defun. If your question is "why are these features
 > implemented with comint rather than term-mode", I have no clue.

Here's a clue:

;;; term.el --- general command interpreter in a window stuff

;; Copyright (C) 1988-1995, 1997 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

;; Author: Per Bothner <address@hidden>
;; Based on comint mode written by: Olin Shivers <address@hidden>

So comint can do it, and term-mode can teach you how to tickle comint
mode into doing what you want it to do.  If you're very lucky, your
investigation of term-mode may show that this is a feature of comint
itself and you just have to enable it.

I-got-no-fish-today-but-here's-a-rod-and-reel-ly y'rs,