Re: please help about the implementation of GC.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: please help about the implementation of GC.
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 19:53:54 +0200

> From: Andreas Schwab <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 17:56:15 +0100
> Cc: Emacs Dev <address@hidden>
>
> Alin Soare <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I wish to read the algorithm of gc, and I cannot.
>
> The Emacs gc is a simple mark and sweep collector.

Right.

Alin, you can start by reading the node "Garbage Collection" in the
ELisp manual, and then proceed reading alloc.c, where you will see
many functions named mark_SOMETHING and then gc_sweep that does the
sweep stage.  If you want more background before reading the ELisp
manual, try googling "mark and sweep garbage collection".