Re: please help about the implementation of GC.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: please help about the implementation of GC.
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 18:05:23 -0400

> For example, I cannot understand what kind of objects are kept in every
> node of the red-black tree  (in books I never saw gc implemented with
> red-black trees). I know that the objects are kept in obarrays. What link
> is there between obarrays and red-black tree of gc ?

Start by ignoring the conservative stack scanning (which is the one
that uses the red-black tree).  Also the fact that we use a red-black
tree is not important: it's just a map from addresses to information
about them (whether the address is allocated to Elisp data and if so to
which kind of data).

        Stefan