Re: Gnus IMAP searching not working.

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Gnus IMAP searching not working.
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 09:15:04 -0400

On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:21:32 -0800 Dave Abrahams <address@hidden> wrote:

DA> on Tue Nov 01 2011, Ted Zlatanov <tzz-AT-lifelogs.com> wrote:

>> On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:59:01 -0800 Dave Abrahams <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
DA> I am responsible for this changeset, and I apologize for the problem.
DA> Please apply the following patch.  Ted, could you upstream this, please?
DA> diff --git a/lisp/gnus-registry.el b/lisp/gnus-registry.el
DA> index 652e816..d25b8b1 100644
DA> --- a/lisp/gnus-registry.el
DA> +++ b/lisp/gnus-registry.el
DA> @@ -164,7 +164,7 @@ nnmairix groups are specifically excluded because they
are ephemeral."
DA> (const :tag "Always Install" t)
DA> (const :tag "Ask Me" ask)))
>>
DA> -(defvar gnus-registry-enabled)
DA> +(defvar gnus-registry-enabled nil)
>>
DA> (defvar gnus-summary-misc-menu) ;; Avoid byte compiler warning.
>>
>> I've already fixed it with a different approach, thanks.

DA> Whatever else you've done, this change should be made anyway.  I wrote
DA> the line in question and I always intended it to have the semantics of
DA> the changed line.  I wouldn't expect the rest of my changes to work
DA> correctly without it.

It's done the way you suggested.  I mean that I didn't just do that, but
also removed

(defvar gnus-registry-enabled)

in all the files that include gnus-registry.el, which your original
patch included.  Please look at the Gnus Git repo to catch up with the
changes I've made; the Emacs trunk is always a little behind because
it's manually synchronized.  We're OK now, though, honestly :)

Thanks
Ted