Re: emacs-20111107-r106319 Windows Binaries

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: emacs-20111107-r106319 Windows Binaries
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 12:15:46 +0530

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Jambunathan K <address@hidden>
>> Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 11:40:24 +0530
>> Cc: address@hidden, Emacs-Devel devel <address@hidden>
>>
>> Hello Chirstoph
>>
>> > The Emacs Trunk Windows Binaries (bzr revno 106319) have been published in
>> >
>> > http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/
>>
>> Thanks for these binaries.
>>
>> I do see a build dated Nov 7:
>> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-20111107-r106319-bin-i386.zip
>>
>> But there in nothing dated in month of November here:
>> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/
>>
>> Would it possible for you to move the newly built binary to pretest dir
>> and assign it a name in 24.0.9* series?
>
> This is not a pretest, but a trunk snapshot.  Why would you want it to
> be in the pretest/ directory? That would be confusing.

OK, I understand, it is a question of practice and tradition.

ps: I thought that a trunk snapshot after a pretest is better than
pretest - what with checkin controls and feature freezes etc - and hence
qualifies as a pretest build. I think what you mean here is that - it is
not blessed by the maintainers and it will not be widely announced.

Jambunathan K.