Re: Common Lisp indentation bug fix/new feature

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Common Lisp indentation bug fix/new feature
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:35:31 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> I think it's a good change, but I don't think there's any rush to put it
> into Emacs-24.1.

Right.  And it's not a totally complete solution, either.  Stuff like

(loop for (bar foo)
      on zot
      by #'cddr
      collect bar)

should probably not indent like that?  (Which is what it does both now
and with my additional patch, I think.)

I think the LOOP indentation thing really needs to have deeper knowledge
about the semantics to indent stuff better.  That is, it needs to know
that FOR and COLLECT introduce a new clause, while ON/BY don't.

So I'll write something more semantically aware and apply it to Emacs
after 24.1.