Re: Common Lisp indentation bug fix/new feature

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Common Lisp indentation bug fix/new feature
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:43:52 -0500

> I think the LOOP indentation thing really needs to have deeper knowledge
> about the semantics to indent stuff better.  That is, it needs to know
> that FOR and COLLECT introduce a new clause, while ON/BY don't.
> So I'll write something more semantically aware and apply it to Emacs
> after 24.1.

I'd be interested to see how SMIE handles it.
I.e. something along the lines of

  (defvar lisp-loop-smie-grammar
    (smie-prec2->grammar
     (smie-bnf->prec2 BLABLA)))

  ...whileindenting...
  ...(if (head-is-loop)
        (let ((smie-grammar lisp-loop-smie-grammar)
              (smie-rules-function BLEBLE)
              (smie-forward-token-function BLIBLI)
              (smie-backward-token-function BLOBLO))
          (smie-indent-calculate)))