Re: window-next-buffers

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: window-next-buffers
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 11:15:45 +0100

> This sounds like an overly optimization.  But actually I can't find
> a case where `next-buffer' would fail to get information about markers.
> Is this because information about markers of next buffers is retrieved
> from `window-prev-buffers'?

Yes.  In `switch-to-next-buffer'

(assq buffer (window-prev-buffers window))

provides this information.  `window-next-buffers' is exclusively used
for buffer navigation within a window.  `window-prev-buffers' is used in
other occasions like `quit-window' where I don't care about a window's
next buffers.

> Isn't better to push a new window to the top of the list of next buffers
> to not lose information about the rest of next buffers?

Can you elaborate what you mean here?  A new window has neither previous
nor next buffers.

martin