Re:gdb-create-source-file-list and gdb-mi.el

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re:gdb-create-source-file-list and gdb-mi.el
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 21:45:47 +1300

Aneesh Kumar K.V writes:
 > On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 20:05:13 +1300, Nick Roberts <address@hidden> wrote:
 > > > gdb-mi.el does the below
 > > >
 > > >   ;; find source file and compilation directory here
 > > >   (gdb-input
 > > >                                         ; Needs GDB 6.2 onwards.
 > > >    (list "-file-list-exec-source-files" 'gdb-get-source-file-list))
 > > >   (if gdb-create-source-file-list
 > > >       (gdb-input
 > > >                                         ; Needs GDB 6.0 onwards.
 > > >        (list "-file-list-exec-source-file" 'gdb-get-source-file)))
 > >
 > > > Don't we need to make sure the the "-file-list-exec-source-files"  also
 > > > come withing the gdb-crate-source-file-list check ?. Current gdb with
 > > > linux kernel vmlinux takes so much time to give me the prompt.
 > >
 > > Yes it looks like I made a mistake.  The if clause should be around the
 > > first gdb-input.
 > >
 > > I don't know the status of the freeze so I've not committed this change.
 > >

 > The change committed also require to move the mode line update out of
 > gdb-get-source-file-list to gdb-init-1. Otherwise mode line will say
 > "Intializing.." even after giving (gdb) prompt.

I think that you're probably more familiar with some of this code than I am
now.  I've don't have much time for emacs development at the moment and I
don't want to become a bottleneck.  So I'm happy for you to commit these
changes if it's OK with Cyd and Stefan.  Ken Brown's patches look good too.
One, at least, is a regression from gdb-ui.el which probably still has fewer
issues than gdb-mi.el

Nick