Re: Emacs 23 Mac port

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Emacs 23 Mac port
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 19:51:38 +0100

28 nov 2011 kl. 13:06 skrev Carsten Mattner:

> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 11:45 AM, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>  * A few users asked me about the status/plans of the Mac port based
>>    on Emacs 24.  Currently I don't have any development branches for
>>    that.
>
> I'm late to notice this and would like to ask the following.
> Are parts of the "mac port" applicable to Emacs 24 --with-ns Cocoa
> fronted? I've had the Cocoa port crash more often than on GNU/Linux
> with our without widgets ./configure'd. Also the Cocoa port, contrary to
> MacVim.app, cannot display ' properly if I set the font to sgi-screen instead
> of Terminus (both in mac dfont format).

If you are seeing crashes, I don't think picking parts from the mac port will
help much.  Not that I know if there are parts that can be easily "taken".
How about running Emacs in gdb and submitting a bug report with a backtrace
when the crash happens?

FWIW, the Fontbook app in OSX can't display ' for sgi-screen either.  So
something is wrong in the font.  I guess MacVim.app substitues the bad
character for a character from another font.

        Jan D.