Re: Strange recompilation

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Strange recompilation
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 08:18:35 +0100

Paul Eggert skrev 2011-11-30 22:53:
On 11/30/11 13:49, Richard Stallman wrote:
I type `make temacs' and it recompiles some .o files and links.

Then I type `make emacs'  and it starts by compiling .o files.
This is strange.  Does `make emacs' effectively do a bootstrap now?

No.  I can't reproduce your problem.   I did this:

cd src
touch emacs.c
make temacs
make emacs

The last step did not build any .o files.

I saw this too. It happend after I did a bzr update, and then make where I have done make before the update. It then behaved like make bootstrap. After I removed the compilation directory (I compile in a separate directory) and started with a new one, the problem went away.

        Jan D.