Re: memory grab, with backtrace

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: memory grab, with backtrace
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 02:36:38 -0500

> From: Silvio Levy <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 18:51:28 -0800
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I posted this a few days ago, and was advised to post it again after
> getting a backtrace.  I hope the backtrace (obtained from emacs-snapshot)
> is adequate.

Thanks.  Please show the results of these commands:

  (gdb) frame 14
  (gdb) print data
  (gdb) xtype

For the "xtype" command to work, you will need to instruct GDB to read
a file where "xtype" is defined.  Download this file:

  http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/trunk/annotate/head:/src/.gdbinit

by following the "download file" link on the above page, then instruct
GDB to read it:

  (gdb) source /path/to/.gdbinit

Then type the commands "frame 14" etc.

>From initial look at the backtrace, it looks like Emacs is trying to
display some error message, probably related to the reason why it did
not exit.  If we succeed to show the error message and the
accompanying data, we might be able to understand the reason(s) for
that.