Re: texinfo-master-menu and emacs.texi

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: texinfo-master-menu and emacs.texi
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 13:26:48 -0600

On Wed Dec 7 2011 Glenn Morris wrote:
> > Unless your manual is on a single large file, in which case I expect
> > texinfo-master-menu to just work.
>
> There's an old unanswered bug report about it not working:
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2975

Thanks...Now I am yet more confused. I thought I look into
emacs.texi because I assumed that this info manual has been updated
continuously in recent years and this updating has been done with
the editor of my choice which is emacs. So what have people done who
contributed to the emacs info manual to work around these
difficulties? Which parts of emacs' texinfo support do what they are
supposed to do and which parts seem to be malfunctioning?

Roland

PS: I would find it rather ironical if emacs' texinfo support gave
me a hard time if I want to include files gpl.texi and
doclicense.texi in an info manual.