Re: Isearch should store aborted search strings too

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Isearch should store aborted search strings too
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 10:02:43 -0500

> I forget the exact details, but XEmacs stores some fraction (maybe
> 100%, as I say, I forget the details) of the successful portion of
> aborted searches.  I miss this when I use Emacs.

That's an interesting idea.  I think for my use case, both "store the
aborted search string" and "store the successful part of the aborted
search" would work fine and would be an improvement over the
current situation.

> On the other hand, it's really not good enough.  XEmacs doesn't permit
> editing of the searched string once it's been recalled with C-s C-s,

Emacs does not allow editing it via DEL (tho I use a local patch that
does), but it can still be edited via M-e.

        Stefan