Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)

From: Carsten Mattner
Subject: Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:51:02 +0100

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 11:59:40 +0100
>> From: Carsten Mattner <address@hidden>
>> Cc: Jan Djärv <address@hidden>,
>>       Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>>
>> > Tastes differ, but I think you are nuts if you prefer gdb command
>> > language scripting to Python!
>>
>> Yes, but from a simplicity and size perspective Lua (even though I
>> don't like it and wouldn't recommend it) would be better choice.
>
> Funny you should mention this.  See the discussion that started here:
>
>   http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2007-02/msg00065.html
>
> I surely hope you were part of that discussion!

I wasn't but haven't the Cygnus guys added Python support
in recent versions? At least I believe to have seen something
from Red Hat. My reason for suggesting Guile or LISPs in general
is that working with source code and "trees" may be an ideal fit.
If you take Python, yes going with Lua is a simpler and lighter
choice.

Anyway, today's Guile as blogged about by one of its developers
seems to be designed as Gnu's Lua as an extension language
lika JS is in web browsers.

if python then take_instead(lua)
else take_instead(guile)

Oh and it seems both major Lua implementations are
pretty battle-tested in major games which translates to
being run on millions machines every day to considerable
extent. In that sense Lua may be more production-ready.