Re: gdb scripting language

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: gdb scripting language
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 14:56:19 +0100

On Mon 19 Dec 2011 22:10, Carsten Mattner <address@hidden> writes:

> there has been work on replacing emacs lisp with Guile.
>
> What's the status of that work?

The goal of that work is to be a better elisp implementation, while also
offering the ability to do things in Emacs with Scheme.  Replacing all
elisp is not a goal, at least for me.  (Some people might be interested
in that, but it is not a goal of the Guile project, I don't think.)

The status is that Guile's elisp support will be quite good once BT
Templeton's branch is merged to Guile, which should happen shortly.
There has been little work on integrating Guile and Emacs though.  It
needs a few months' work from a good hacker.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/