Re: BUG: Emacs crashes due to org-mode parameter org-indent-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: BUG: Emacs crashes due to org-mode parameter org-indent-mode
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 10:23:01 +0200

> Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 00:04:17 +0100
> From: Gustav Wikström <address@hidden>
>
> The problem occurs when org-indent-mode is on in indirect buffers in an
> org-mode file (after using the command "org-tree-to-indirect-buffer" (C-c
> C-x b) on a headline with some sub-information) and org-cycle (tab) is done
> on the first line. This breaks my emacs. I've reasoned out that emacs
> crashes on the call to the c-function "overlay-put" when executing
> org-cycle. I however don't have and debug-trace.. sorry for that.
>
> The problem should be reproducible with the following:
>
> - Start emacs without any initial settings (runemacs.exe -q)
> - Open an org-mode file
> - M-x org-indent-mode
> - C-c C-x b on a heading in the file
> - tab

I tried this recipe on MS-Windows, both with Emacs 24.0.92 and with
the current trunk, with some random Org file I have, and I cannot
reproduce the crash.  In particular, TAB does what I expect: cycles
the tree display.

Could you please post a short Org file where you get the crash?  Also,
please make sure that the above is the _exact_ series of steps needed
to reproduce the crash.  Finally, please post all that to
address@hidden (using "M-x report-emacs-bug RET", if possible),
so that the Emacs bug tracker files this as a bug report.

Thanks.