Merging Org 7.8.02 before Emacs 24.1

From: Bastien
Subject: Merging Org 7.8.02 before Emacs 24.1
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 14:54:05 +0100

Dear all,

Emacs trunk now contains Org 7.7 and I'd like to merge Org 7.8.02 -- I
have prepared a patch for this.

Org 7.8.02 comes with two major changes, both worth the merge to happen
before the 24.1 release.

1. New ODT exporter: Jambunathan has been working very hard on this.  I
   didn't merge his work into Org 7.7 because I wanted to clear up some
   copyright issues that took long to understand and to sort out.  This
   is now okay, and not having this exporter in 24.1 would be a major
   frustration for Jambunathan, me and many others.

2. New Babel syntax: Eric Schulte went through a rich discussion with
   the Org Mode folks to simplify the syntax of code blocks.  Releasing
   Emacs 24.1 with the old syntax would expose many users to bad habits
   and force us to strongly suggest using latest Org instead of the one
   that comes with Emacs.  No one would benefit from this.

   Also note that a scientific paper illustrating the use of Emacs Org
   and Babel for scientific writing will be published soon, and relies
   on the new syntax.

Both these features have been heavily tested and are mature enough: the
ODT exporter is now one year old, and discussions about the new syntax
are several weeks old.  It is safe to merge them and it would be really
problematic to leave them behind.

Can I proceed with the merge?

Btw, is there a fixed date for the release?

Thanks!

--
 Bastien