Creating shared dev branch

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Creating shared dev branch
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 09:47:51 -0800

The MH-E developers are having a Bug Squashing Party (BSP) on Tuesday,
12/27. Since Emacs has not yet been released, I'd like to create a dev
branch for our work which will be merged back into trunk after the Emacs
release.

In Subversion, the dev branch would have been created with something
like:

  $ svn cp svn+ssh://address@hidden/emacs/trunk/ \
    svn+ssh://address@hidden/emacs/branches/mh-e

We would have all then switched to that branch (assuming we already had
emacs/trunk checked out):

  $ svn switch svn+ssh://address@hidden/emacs/branches/mh-e

We'd then do our work. Later, at an appropriate time, I would merge the
changes back into trunk.

  $ svn switch svn+ssh://address@hidden/emacs/trunk
  $ svn merge --reintegrate svn+ssh://address@hidden/emacs/branches/mh-e

Can anyone suggest a comparable recipe for Bazaar? All of us have Emacs
repository access.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden> aka <address@hidden>
http://www.newt.com/wohler/