Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 10:28:15 +0900

>> This can be fixed in Cocoa, but OSX 10.5 or later is required
>> (AFAIK anyway).

> This isn't a problem.  Everybody else drops support for all but the
> current and previous versions of Mac OS X.  I don't see a good
> reason why Emacs should bend over backward to support very old
> versions of Mac OS X in a port that isn't even part of Emacs yet.

The main reason why I'm keeping the support for older versions is to
see whether the code has enough quality about tolerance of version
difference, not depending on some specific behavior of particular
implementation, in hope that this will also enhance compatibility with
future versions.  Of course, supporting too old versions can do harm
than good, and actually I dropped Mac OS X 10.1 support on the
transition from Emacs 22 Carbon+AppKit port to Emacs 23 Mac port.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden