Question about symbol_free_list

From: Qiang Guo
Subject: Question about symbol_free_list
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 17:14:16 -0700

Hi,

When reading the gc_sweep(), I found symbol_free_list is set to NULL
everytime garbage collector kicks in. My understanding of this variable
is it holds up some free symbols and when Emacs is asked to allocate a
symbol object, it will first look into this list to see if there is one
available. It serves as kinda 'buffer'. My question is if
symbol_free_list is not empty when gc_sweep sets it to NULL, how about
the symbol objects in the list ? Where happened to them ?

Thanks