Re: gnutls for win32

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: gnutls for win32
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 06:50:12 -0500

> Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 13:10:22 +0200
> From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> 2011/12/31 Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>:
>
> > NM> Hello all and best wishes for new year,
> > NM>  I've put pre-built win32 dlls and the other gnutls applications for
> > NM> 3.0.9 in [0]. I've managed to automate the procedure, so it could be
> > NM> that next releases (at least the major ones) will have the
> > NM> corresponding windows dlls released as well.
> > NM> [0]. http://homes.esat.kuleuven.be/~nikos/gnutls-win32/
> > Great news!  That lets GNU Emacs use the latest GnuTLS on all the
> > supported platforms.
> > Currently we're in a feature freeze for the Emacs pretest, but after the
> > next Emacs release we'll make GnuTLS 3.x required.  That also lets us
> > ensure that we're not fighting old, already-fixed bugs.
> > Could the W32 releases go on the official GnuTLS site so we can point to
> > them in the GNU Emacs installation notes?  And could you, when able,
> > publish the build script so developers can make their own W32 builds?
>
> Hi Ted,
>  The build script is on the repository (cross.mk). I'll see what's the
> optimal release method of windows binaries.

FWIW, I've built GnuTLS 3.0.9 natively on Windows, using MinGW and
MSYS.  I will make the resulting binaries available shortly, as soon
as I'm done testing it with Emacs.

Note that currently Emacs cannot use GnuTLS 3.0.9 on Windows, because
of a couple of minor incompatibilities in Emacs itself.  I'm working
on a solution as we speak.