Re: GnuTLS for W32

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: GnuTLS for W32
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 12:45:47 +0900

Óscar Fuentes writes:

 > If, at run time, you can find the elisp packages downloaded by
 > package.el, what's the problem with finding a dll on the same directory
 > (or a subdirectory of it, if you wish) ?

None, AFAICS.  That's (actually, a sibling directory) is what XEmacs
does[1], and what Python does (same directory, if desired).

Footnotes:
[1]  Except that we don't provide DLLs for download, for various
reasons, the most important of which is that binary distributions are
bug magnets that distract the maintainers disproportionately, and
non-maintainers are generally unwilling to touch.