Re: GnuTLS for W32

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: GnuTLS for W32
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 16:05:09 +0100

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 15:14, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:

> On the topic of how hard is to load a dll from an arbitrary location,
> that is what I found on the Emacs sources:

I think Eli's already aware of that function.

> I think that Emacs is right now capable of loading a dll from an
> arbitrary place. Just set dynamic-library-alist as it contains ('gnutls
> . "/path/to/gnutls/gnutls.dll") (or whatever are the right names).

We know that. Nobody discusses that you can use a full pathname to
load a DLL from an arbitrary place. Only the convenience of handling
the installation of DLLs in arbitrary places. (Well, not only; we're
mainly discussing the convenience of turning Emacs into a distribution
point for arbitrary Windows binaries from other projects; but I
digress.)

> In
> any case, creating a new function that loads a .dll by name seems quite
> straightforward, once we have seem how w32_delayed_load is implemented.

What do you mean?

    Juanma