Re: GnuTLS for W32

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: GnuTLS for W32
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 13:48:05 -0500

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 18:00:49 +0100 Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:

JB> 2012/1/4 Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>:
>> I am puzzled by this.  Why is it wrong to share the GnuTLS DLL?
>>
>> If you and Eli and other W32 experts say a standalone self-updating
>> installer that drops a shared GnuTLS DLL in a common area is a bad idea,

JB> I think is a good idea. Fortunately, we don't have to discuss it,
JB> because Óscar "won't start discussing it" ;-)

I'd like to discuss it with anyone willing.  Joakim offered to help with
the installer and I can probably follow a build recipe to make the DLLs,
so practically it seems like we could do this.  I just want to make sure
I don't find out in a few days or weeks that the installer approach is
flawed for some obscure W32 reason, which Óscar sort of implied.

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 20:10:23 +0200 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

EZ> Maybe then this thread will become anything but hand-waving.

I think it makes sense to discuss approaches--I had not even thought of
the GnuTLS installer approach until we had this conversation.  Rushing
into development can be fun, but can also hide good ideas.

Ted