Re: GnuTLS for W32

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: GnuTLS for W32
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 09:14:11 -0500

> From: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 08:50:10 -0500
>
> Do you agree with the general idea of checking for critical updates
> on startup, though?

I have nothing against it, provided that it's not a nuisance (e.g., I
don't always want to go on-line when I start Emacs).

> I would actually also like to bundle trusted certificates.

Where should they be gotten and how to integrate them with GnuTLS?

> Right now, gnutls.el will take a list of trustfiles or default to
> /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt, which is hardly ideal for all
> platforms.

That directory most probably won't exist on Windows.

> If we tell the user to reinstall because GnuTLS is out of date, would
> that be a big burden?

It could be, since Emacs is a large distribution, and GnuTLS libraries
are much smaller in comparison.