Re: Update on the Emacs release schedule?

From: Carsten Mattner
Subject: Re: Update on the Emacs release schedule?
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 18:02:36 +0100

2012/1/7 Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>:
> On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 12:02:59 +0100 Carsten Mattner <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> CM> Reading Tom Tromey's recent blog post, I'd say any improvements
> CM> to the allocator and/or collector will be a huge NEWS entry for 24.
>
> The post can be found at http://tromey.com/blog/?p=709 and is worth a read.

Some of the comments on tromey.com and at
http://news.ycombinator.net/item?id=3433424
plus
http://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/o5yx9/
seem to not know the current state of Guile's elisp branch and even more
some seem to dismiss Guile as inferior to cmucl/sbcl while explaining the
non-adoption of Common Lisp in Emacs with a missing "good" GNU Common Lisp
implementation. I don't know, but that sounds like uninformed ranting to me.