Re: lexical-binding rationale?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: lexical-binding rationale?
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 18:01:10 +0000

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 11:47:35AM -0500, Dave Abrahams wrote:

Request for clarification:

> I'm sure this has been discussed to death, so please feel free to
> respond with a link, but... can anyone point me to a rationale for
> dynamically altering such a fundamental language behavior on the basis
> of a variable's value?

What, exactly does "dynamically altering" mean?
What is the "fundamental language behaviour" which is being/to be
  dynamically altered.
What precise relationship has been abstracted to "on the basis of"?
Which "variable's value" is meant here.

Or, more succinctly, what the heck are you going on about?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).