Re: desktop.el: Add frames and windows configuration save&restore

From: Jérémy Compostella
Subject: Re: desktop.el: Add frames and windows configuration save&restore
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 14:07:51 +0100

2012/1/18 Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 22:20, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
>> The attached patch provides the desktop frame and windows configuration
>> save&restore feature : the desktop module saves all the frame and their
>
> Thanks.  Since we're in feature freeze, this will have to wait.
> In the mean time, you may want to check the new window-state-get and
> window-state-put functions which should provide you with a form of
> window configuration which you can directly print&read, hence
> simplifying your code.
I haven't seen these two function functions. As you propose, I will try
to use them. Thanks.

Sounds very nice it is finally going to make its way into Emacs.

Jeremy, you may perhaps want to compare to the same functionality
included in nXhtml to see if you find something there you like to
incorporate. (It has been there for some years now, but I have
actually stopped using it myself since I work in a different way
It sounds interesting but I don't know anything about this nxhtml package,
could you please give me some entry point for the feature we are talking
about like one or two function name ? :)

--
One Emacs to rule them all