Re: Bidi (R2L) in Gnus summary buffer (was: summary shows R2L)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bidi (R2L) in Gnus summary buffer (was: summary shows R2L)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 03:41:48 -0500

> From: Reiner Steib <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:27:29 +0100
>
> On Thu, Jan 26 2012, السّلام عليكم wrote:
> [ Suggestions for Bidi (R2L) in Gnus summary buffer ]
> > I think it worth making Gnus do it by default.  WDYT?

Summary buffers should definitely have left-to-right paragraph
direction by default.  I said it long ago, several times AFAIR.  It
should definitely be done before 24.1 is released.  Now is a good
time, IMO.

> Please disuss this on emacs-devel. See also the long thread around
> <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/142460/focus=143398>.

That thread is about something different: it's about how to avoid a
jumble caused by reordering of the _fields_ in the summary lines.