Re: [h-e-w] bug#10612: GnuTLS bundled with the windows Emacs binaries

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] bug#10612: GnuTLS bundled with the windows Emacs binaries
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 23:39:36 +0200

> From: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 15:07:05 -0600
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> My point was not that 3.1.2 is needed right now, but that Christoph
> should be building against the latest GnuTLS in general.

The latest GnuTLS that's available to Christoph is 3.0.9.  You cannot
possibly expect him to build against the latest GnuTLS that was not
yet been built on Windows.  So I'm not sure what exactly do you mean.

> I did offer to set up a BuildBot to produce those DLLs

How can anyone trust a build done by a bot for a port to a platform
that is hardly if at all supported by the mainstream developers?  And
a build of critical software such as GnuTLS at that?  What if it fails
one of the tests in the test suite?

> EZ> You (or anyone else) can find the prebuilt Windows binaries of
> EZ> GnuTLS 3.0.9 here:
>
> EZ>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/
>
> That's not what I asked, though I truly appreciate the work you've
> done.  I mean if I, the user, see that announcement, it would be
> nice if it told me where to find the GnuTLS DLLs, and even nicer if they
> came with the binary.

The URLs for optional DLLs are in the file README.W32 that is part of
the binary distribution.