Re: bug#10612: GnuTLS bundled with the windows Emacs binaries

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: bug#10612: GnuTLS bundled with the windows Emacs binaries
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 08:07:28 -0500

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 09:00:30 -0700 Christoph Scholtes <address@hidden> wrote:

CS> Regarding shipping Emacs with the GnuTLS binaries, I am generally not
CS> opposed to doing that. But what about jpeg, gif, tiff support? I agree
CS> with Juanma who IIRC said that we are providing an _Emacs binary
CS> distribution_. This whole model does not fit the expectations in the
CS> Windows world. In 2012, Windows users expect an "Emacs for Windows"
CS> with all (binary) batteries included, an installer/uninstaller,
CS> etc. We don't supply that and unless somebody steps up and does the
CS> work necessary we won't. Whether politically speaking we should is
CS> another question.

I will work on a W32 Emacs installer shell, wrapping your latest
binaries and the other libraries' binaries, with other volunteers
outside the emacs-devel scope, once I have GnuTLS builds automated.  At
that point it will probably automatically build the other libraries as
well.  Thanks for your feedback.

Ted