Re: AUCTeX Mode

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: AUCTeX Mode
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 11:10:22 +0800

Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi guys...
>
> any news? which is the final decision?

We won't do it in Emacs 24.1 for sure, since we are well into pretest.

I have no major objection to including AUCTeX in future Emacs releases,
if the AUCTeX developers are amenable and willing to help do the
integration work (stuff like using define-derived-mode and
completion-at-point).

(Personally, I prefer using tex-mode.el because AUCTeX "feels" a bit too
heavyweight for me, but I can see how AUCTeX's features would be a draw
for most.)