Re: Tabs are ready?

From: Alin Soare
Subject: Re: Tabs are ready?
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 13:54:13 +0200

When I wrote them, I tried a few possibilities, but I remember I inserted them in the struct of a frame.

In any case, a tab shoud be able to respond to events, and each event must be defined by a lisp function.

This is the point where I stopped.

I finished only the creation/deletion/ basic functions for tabs, and I inserted some simple events, like hide tab, or show tab, and did not continue any more.

Whatever implementation will be , it must define the events as elisp functions ; even after the creation of a tab, there must be an event that calls a lisp function.

In this manner, we will be able to have a lots of functionalities implemented as tabs. There can be defined lots of patterns for tabs.

2012/2/2 martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> Wouldn't it be easier to implement tabs now with the help of Martin's side windows?

It depends on what "tabs" stands for and how many "tabs" we want to show
on any frame: If we want per-window tabs, atomic windows should be used.
If we want per-frame tabs, side windows could be used.

martin