Re: [h-e-w] Emacs 24.0.93 Pretest Windows Binaries published

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs 24.0.93 Pretest Windows Binaries published
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 22:49:59 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > I don't know about Symantec (don't use their products), but with AVG
 > it works as expected: you submit the offending file for their
 > analysis, via the GUI of the antivirus program, and get an email
 > notification, usually within hours, saying that it's a false alarm;
 > and the virus database is updated within a couple of days accordingly.

That's what I would expect from Symantec, too.  But "submit the file
and get it fixed in a few days" is not what I understood from your
post.  "Get your act together" implies "you shouldn't be making
mistakes like this in the first place", not "I understand these things
happen, but you made a mistake here, please fix it."

I think they /should/ get their act together, but I'm not gonna hold my
breath.