Re: Included libraries in the Windows binary distribution

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Included libraries in the Windows binary distribution
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 20:52:27 +0100

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 20:27, Christoph Scholtes
<address@hidden> wrote:

> So I successfully compiled with the patch and the libraries, however
> during bootstrap I got "libxml2 library not found" all over the place
> during compilation of elisp files. It shows up after compilation of
> every single .elc file. Is this expected? I don't have the
> binaries on the path anywhere. Just wondering where this output is
> generated.

Here.

+      if (!(library = w32_delayed_load (libraries, Qlibxml2_dll)))
+       {
+         message ("%s", "libxml2 library not found");
+         return 0;
+       }

Every .el compiled is one instance of emacs (in batch mode) that fails
to find the library and outputs the message. I think the message is
not necessary (we don't warn if we don't find libpng3 or GnuTLS, for
example).

> Also, once I have compiled support in, how can I test it?

Use libxml-parse-(xml|html)-region.

    Juanma