Re: Tabs are ready? -> Let us give a definition of tabs.

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Tabs are ready? -> Let us give a definition of tabs.
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 20:43:09 +0100

> I don't know. I'd actually very much like a set of per-window tabs which
> recorded not a single buffer per tab but an entire window-configuration
> per tab.

OK.  But these should be per-frame tabs since a window configuration is
defined for frames.

> It would make a nice user interface for things like winring.el.

We'd probably have to do the following things:

(1) When switching to another configuration make it easy to switch back to
    the last configuration.

(2) Provide a naming scheme suitable for tabs.

(3) Handle tab switching via the keyboard in an appropriate way.  For
    example, we could use a virtual, highlighted tab representing the
    current window configuration such that switching to the next or
    previous tab could be done with the necessary feedback.

martin