Re: CL package serious deficiencies

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: CL package serious deficiencies
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 14:42:58 -0700

>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Colascione <address@hidden> writes:

Daniel> The latest objection is that dumping CL would Emacs would
Daniel> increase the size of the printed and bound Emacs Lisp Reference
Daniel> Manual from the FSF. I find this objection unconvincing because
Daniel> it applies to _any_ new feature, and I don't think we're against
Daniel> adding new features to Emacs.

I think the existence of EIEIO makes the documentation objection
especially moot.  EIEIO is basically CLOS and has a manual of its own,
but AFAICT doesn't have the same use restrictions as cl.el.  I have
never understood this discrepancy.

Tom