Re: CL package serious deficiencies

From: Leo
Subject: Re: CL package serious deficiencies
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 09:53:37 +0800

On 2012-02-08 05:42 +0800, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I think the existence of EIEIO makes the documentation objection
> especially moot.  EIEIO is basically CLOS and has a manual of its own,
> but AFAICT doesn't have the same use restrictions as cl.el.  I have
> never understood this discrepancy.
>
> Tom

I agree.

I think it is a mistake to object cl.el and let every package author
re-invent their own half-baked solution.

If cl.el gets more use, I am sure its quality will improve. The status
quo is partly due to the objection.

BTW, I have (require 'cl) as the first thing in .emacs since a few years
ago and never had a problem.

Leo