Re: CL package serious deficiencies

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: CL package serious deficiencies
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 12:00:06 +0100

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 05:23, Stephen J. Turnbull <address@hidden> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman writes:
>
>  > This reminds me that the help functions does not work for cl things. A
>  > serious attempt to make those functions useful should probably fix
>  > that too.
>
> Which help functions?  What do you mean "doesn't work?"

Sorry, I thought that was clear.

I never use CL myself, because I have not had time to learn it. (The
only lisp dialect I have been using - except for some small course, 5
weeks, in logic programming - is elisp.)

When trying to tweak ert.el so I could use it for tests in nXhtml I
ran across cl structures and did not understand at all how to read the
values in them. I therefore wrote some small functions to help myself
and others in this dilemma:

Those functions are all in ourcomments-util.el in nXhtml. The main
function is describe-defstruct. If I remember correctly I had to make
a minor change in cl.el too to make it all work.