Emacs revision #107149

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Emacs revision #107149
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 23:20:39 +0000

Hello, Lars.

Why did you make this change:

  * progmodes/cc-mode.el
  (c-standard-font-lock-fontify-region-function): Set the default at
  load time, too, so that `font-lock-fontify-buffer' can be called
  without setting up the entire mode first.  This fixes a bug in
  `mm-inline-text' with C MIME parts.

without so much as a discussion on bug-cc-mode?  Or even emacs-devel?
cc-mode.el is my file.  I'm not happy about this change.

Is "the entire mode first" CC Mode first or font lock mode first?

Why, should the case be, would you want to call font-lock-fontify-buffer
without initialising font lock mode first?  Would this not, perhaps,
indicate some other problem in mm-inline-text?

Why, if the case may be, would you not want to initialise CC Mode?  This
is a genuine question, not a rhetorical one.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).