Strange ido-mode behaviour

From: Thorsten
Subject: Strange ido-mode behaviour
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:08:04 +0100

Hallo list,
I used ido-mode quite a while with emacs23 for finding files, and was
very satisfied. Now, after changing to emacs24 [GNU Emacs 24.0.93.1
(x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10) of 2012-02-07 on arch]
ido somehow tries to be too smart when I want to find a non-existing
file (when I want to create a new file).
Ido uses the word under or near point and immedeatly starts a search
in the file-system for a file with a similar name. I don't even have the
opportunity to do C-f and then type the name of the new file without any
ido interference.
Maybe I missed something in the configuration, but creating a new file
with ido-mode enabled is a bit painfull now.
cheers
Thorsten