Re: emacs 24 randomly hanging

From: Andreas Schwab
Subject: Re: emacs 24 randomly hanging
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:01:31 +0100

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

> what's going on here, IIUC it takes some time (at least a couple of
> seconds) for a frame to show up on Vframe_list.

It should not matter at all, because x_create_frame cannot make the new
frame known to lisp before it is added to Vframe_alist.

> In any case the patch I attached now tries to
>
> (1) Check whether the frame passed to next_frame is in Vframe_list and
>     quit if it isn't.
>
> (2) Put a maximum of 100 frames investigated on the loop in next_frame
>     so there should be no endless looping otherwise.

This is just doctoring the symptoms.  There is an invariant that *every*
live frame is on Vframe_alist.  If that invariant is violated then this
is the bug that must be fixed.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, address@hidden