Re: Windows 64 port

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Windows 64 port
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 06:03:45 +0200

> Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 19:34:37 -0800
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden
>
> On 02/29/2012 01:24 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > I see many changes that qualify existing
> > declarations with `const', which cannot possibly be wrong.
>
> It's not an issue of whether the patch is *wrong*.
> It's whether the patch is *needed*.

That's not what you originally claimed.  You said many changes are to
pacify the Microsoft compiler's bogus warnings.  There's nothing bogus
about using the right data type or declare a variable or an argument
`const' when it is.

I agree that these changes should go in a separate commit.  But then I
asked several times to do the same for texinfo.tex when you sync with
gnulib, and you declined.  So I guess Fabrice is not the only one who
does that...