Re: gdb 24.0.93.1 gdb doesn't work worth a damn

From: Neal Becker
Subject: Re: gdb 24.0.93.1 gdb doesn't work worth a damn
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 06:53:59 -0500

Yes, that's a lot better.

Only noticable problem now, (with just brief test), is that when the bp is first hit, the (gdb) prompt does not appear.

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Kaushik Srenevasan <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Neal Becker <address@hidden> wrote:
> gdb doesn't seem to be usable.  I get lots of:
>
> error in process filter: gdb-breakpoints-list-handler-custom: Wrong type
> argument: stringp, nil
> error in process filter: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
>
> and I can't seem to really use it at all.

I hit this yesterday too. GDB-MI doesn't seem to be able to handle
what GDB calls "multiple" breakpoints. i.e. a breakpoint that GDB sets
on every overloaded function that matches an _expression_. The problem
is that the MI output has an extra field - "type" only on the "parent
breakpoint", while GDB-MI expects to find it even on "child
breakpoints".

I've attached a patch. Could you check if it works for you too?

           -Kaushik

PS: While at it, I also cleaned up what gets displayed in the absence
of fields in MI output. The breakpoint table now shows "" instead of
nil.