Pretest note

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Pretest note
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:13:42 +0800

We're now heading into the final stages of the pretest.  In about a week
(exact date will be given later), prior to the next pretest, we plan
switch to a "regressions only" policy for commits, i.e. fixes only for
bugs that occur in trunk but not in 23.4.

So if you know of a non-regression bug which you think really needs to
be fixed before 24.1, please point it out now.

If you see a regression against 23.4 (which also probably means it needs
to be fixed before 24.1), please go ahead and issue it a severity of
Important or higher in the bug tracker.  (Actually, there are some
Important bugs which won't make it for 24.1, but the list is short
enough that we should be able to sort it out.)