Re: "Loading"

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: "Loading"
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 15:50:39 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> To me mode-line-process is the natural place (within the mode-line) to
> put things that say "not quite done yet".

No problem for me. I'll start with this. Could we document this meaning
of mode-line-process in the docstring? Currently, it just says

| Mode-line control for displaying info on process status.
| Normally nil in most modes, since there is no process to display.

I'll come later with a proposal about progress-reporter extension for 24.2.

(Honestly, I'm making slow progress, 'cause there are several serious
problems in asynchronous file operations I haven't solved yet)

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.