Re: Request inclusion of ioccur.el in ELPA

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Request inclusion of ioccur.el in ELPA
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 21:11:44 -0400

>> OK, it looks like the repository is not really corrupted: you can still
>> check it out, just not directly.  I.e. you have to
>> "bzr checkout -r 170 ...elpa" and then "bzr update".
>> So, it can probably be fixed by fixin bzr without changing
>> the repository.  So I installed your ioccur, with the patch below.
> What about doing `bzr push --overwrite' from revision 170 into the elpa
> branch stored on Savannah?

You mean reverting to version 170?  And then do what with the rest?
Replay it?  I'd guess that replaying it will re-add the same problem
when I add 171.  IOW We may end up having to do that, but first I'd like
to know what it is that made 171 into a problem (I know that 171 is an
unusual commit because it is the result of a "bzr join").  I'm not sure
the problem is really a bug in Bzr that resulted in a corrupted 171.
It doesn't seem like the repository is really corrupted, so maybe the
repository is fine and the bug is only in the checkout code (and indeed,
IIUC some (older?) versions of Bzr will happily checkout the current
`elpa' branch, since some people failed to reproduce the problem).

        Stefan