Sending diffs of `elpa' to the respective maintainers

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Sending diffs of `elpa' to the respective maintainers
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 16:38:09 -0400

A while ago I mentioned that I think it's important to setup some email
filter that will automatically send a copy of the emacs-elpa-diffs email
to the maintainer of the corresponding package.

Has anyone had time to look into that?  If not, could someone take on
that task?

It shouldn't be that hard: maintain a small table matching files to
maintainer's email addresses, and then filter the email from
emacs-elpa-diffs and redirect them as appropriate.

The same could be done for Emacs's bundled packages, but the
maintainership there is often a mot more murky, so I'd rather limit it
to `elpa' for now (where we should enforce that every package comes with
a "maintainer email address").

        Stefan