Bug #892245 “Problem wih nXhtml in Emacs 24” : B ugs : nXhtml

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Bug #892245 “Problem wih nXhtml in Emacs 24” : B ugs : nXhtml
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 19:37:55 +0200

I have not yet got nXhtml (i.e. MuMaMo) to work in Emacs 24. Russel
Sim took a look at this and saw some strange things. He could
reproduce the problems with just the simple function below. This is
what he just wrote:

"for example if i create a file very symilar to the
fetch-func-definition but instead just generate symbols with
incrementing names. When I compile this it fails with the "Error:
Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil" error, if I delete
sym194 the compile error goes away.

(lambda
  (body)
  (make-local-variable 'parse-sexp-lookup-properties)
  (let
      ((sym1 "1")
       (sym2 "2")
       (sym3 "3")
       (sym193 "193")
       (sym194 "194")
       )
    (with-syntax-table php-mode-syntax-table
      (let
          (ret)
        (setq ret
              (eval body))
        ret))))
"

Does someone understand what is happening here?

To contact Russel Sim please see this bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nxhtml/ bug/892245